Medications for Holiday
When travelling abroad, the following medicaments are recommended to be taken with you for treatment of acute difficulties
- Fever and pain – Panadol, Nurofen
- Cough– Kaloba, Prospan, Sinupret
- Runny nose – Nasivin, Otrivin, Olynth
- Sore throat – Strepsils (from the age 5), Junior angin (from age 4)
- Dehydration – Kulíšek
- Diarrhea – Smecta, Carbo medicinalis (from age 3 years), probiotic
- Infant colic – Sab simplex
- Allergy – Zyrtec, Fenistil
- Insect bites – Fenistil gel
- Skin burns – Panthenol spray
- Minor surface injuries – Betadine,plasters
- Conjunctivitis – Ophtalmo septonex drops and ointment
The dosage should be adjusted according to the age of the child as per the patient package insert.
The above medicaments can be administered at the beginning of the difficulties. In case of worsening or persisting of the difficulties it is necessary to see a doctor.